What’s made in BC, makes BC! Proudly milled in Courtenay, B.C. Canada 🍁
LUMBER & TIMBER SALES
What we are known for best. We carry Full dimension rough lumber traditionally circular sawn on-site with local retail sales open to the general public.
We normally stock to carry standard board sizes up to 14′, as well as creating custom sizes which can be made to order if log availability permits.
Please stop by in person, call or leave a price quote request for pricing and availability of the wood product you are looking for.
- Dimensions Sizes In Stock: 1×3 – 12×12 (Rough sawn Douglas-Fir green to true actual size ~ 1/8″ size tolerance)
- Standard Lengths In Stock: 4′, 5′, 6′, 7′, 8′, 9′, 10′, 12′, 14′ (dependent on Dimension Size)
- All products are ungraded but will meet or exceed NLGA No.2&Btr D-Fir if grading is required (sourced through 3rd-party grading agency)
Common uses of our wood products include Fencing, Decking, Sheds, Pergolas, Post and Beam Timbers, Siding, Raised Garden Beds, Oversized Framing, Structural Blocking, Marine and Industrial applications, and much more!
All lumber and timber products are milled from sustainable second-growth Douglas-Fir grown on Vancouver Island.
We do not cut any Cedar products due to sub par wood quality and uses in equivalently aged second-growth Cedar compared to Douglas-Fir, little local demand due to over inflated Coast timber prices, as well as environmental concerns due to byproducts created when milling.
CUSTOM SAWING & LOG PURCHASING
We also offer custom sawing of logs to customers specifications. We have the milling equipment and expertise to process logs from 6″-18″ log diameter and a maximum length of 16′. Logs can be processed to green sawn rough lumber all the way to finished surfaced 4 sized (S4S) planed based on customers requirements and needs.
Following log species we custom mill and purchase:
- Fir (Douglas & Balsam), Pine (Western White, Lodgepole), Spruce, Hemlock, Alder, Poplar. NO CEDAR OR MAPLE
We buy short cut-to-length sawlogs. Log Diameter size from 6″-18″. Minimum log length required is 5’6″. Log lengths require minimum 4″ over standard length for trim. Contact the office today if you have short sawlogs to sell.
- Standard log lengths (4″ min. over length) 6′,8′,10′,12′,14′. Longer log lengths will be bucked accordingly
- All logs purchased or custom sawn require all necessary permits, timber marks or volume scaling as per required by the British Columbia Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development (https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/industry/forestry)
We sell mill ends (slab wood, edgings, trim ends) cut to firewood on site from small loads to use camping to standard pick up truck loads.
As well, we deliver 2 cord loads with our firewood truck locally within the Comox Valley. Please contact for more information.
2 cord mill ends firewood truck delivered within 10km of sawmill $280 taxes in.
*New orders will be taken but deliveries will not be until after September 2019 due to lack of affordable logs available*
Available by order. No exact ETA for delivery
**When our hopper fills the day of, we contact the first person to put their name on our list and continue until we get a hold of someone to deliver to.**
Loads are available year round based on log availability.
Extra delivery charge for longer distances. Within Merville to Union Bay ONLY.
SAWDUST & SHAVINGS
Whether you need a bag or a dump truck full of sawdust or wood shavings, we collect all byproducts from our machinery we sell primarily for animal bedding, garden mulch, and other agricultural purposes.
Please contact for pricing of the amount of material you need.
PRICING for Sawdust & Wood Shavings (All D-Fir)
$5 for small amounts (Bag, Garbage Can, Tote)
$15/yard for sawdust
$20/yard for shavings
A family sawmill since 1968. Come see what we saw!