What’s made in BC, makes BC! Proudly milled in Courtenay, B.C. Canada 🍁
LUMBER & TIMBER SALES
What we are known for best. We carry Full dimension rough lumber traditionally circular sawn on-site with local retail sales open to the general public.
We normally stock to carry standard board sizes up to 14′, as well as creating custom sizes which can be made to order if log availability permits.
Please stop by in person, call or leave a price quote request for pricing and availability of the wood product you are looking for.
All lumber and timber products are milled from sustainable second-growth Coastal Douglas-Fir grown on Vancouver Island.
- Dimensions Sizes In Stock: 1×3 – 12×12 (Rough sawn Douglas-Fir green to true actual size ~ 1/8″+– size tolerance)
- Standard Lengths In Stock: 4′, 5′, 6′, 7′, 8′, 9′, 10′, 12′, 14′ (dependent on Dimension Size)
- All products are ungraded but will meet or exceed NLGA No.2&Btr D-Fir if grading is required (sourced through 3rd-party grading agency)
Common uses of our wood products include Fencing, Decking, Sheds, Pergolas, Post and Beam Timbers, Siding, Raised Garden Beds, Oversized Framing, Structural Blocking, Marine and Industrial applications, and much more!
We also offer custom sawing of logs to customers specifications. We have the milling equipment and expertise to process any species logs from 6″-18″ log diameter and a maximum length of 16′. Logs can be processed to green sawn rough lumber all the way to finished surfaced 4 sized (S4S) planed based on customers requirements and needs.
- Custom Sawing pricing is charged either Hourly, or by MBF (lumber board foot scale) determined by us based on volume and specifications required.
- All logs custom sawn require all necessary permits, timber marks or volume scaling as per required by the British Columbia Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development (https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/industry/forestry)
- As a Primary Timber Processing Facility, we DO NOT offer any resawing or planing services to ANY manufactured wood products supplied by customers that has not been milled by us.
We sell mill ends (slab wood, edgings, trim ends) cut to firewood on site from small loads to use camping to standard pick up truck loads.
As well, we deliver 2 cord dumped loads with our firewood truck locally within the Comox Valley. Please contact for more information.
2 cord Douglas-Fir mill ends firewood truck delivered within 10km of sawmill $300 all in.
$6/km for any distance longer than 10km of sawmill. (15km from mill = $300+$30= $330 total)
Available by order. Expected delivery for new orders mid September 2020 on wards.
MILL ENDS FIREWOOD IS A BYPRODUCT FROM GREEN LOGS. FIREWOOD WILL NEED TO BE SEASONED!!
**When our hopper fills the day of, we contact the first person to put their name on our list and continue until we get a hold of someone to deliver to. Prepaid orders take priority and will be delivered when needed**
Loads are available year round based on log availability.
Within Merville to Union Bay boundaries ONLY.
SAWDUST & SHAVINGS
Whether you need a bag or a dump truck full of sawdust or wood shavings, we collect all byproducts from our machinery we sell primarily for animal bedding, garden mulch, and other agricultural purposes.
Please contact for pricing of the amount of material you need.
PRICING for Sawdust & Wood Shavings (All D-Fir)
As of July 2020:
Small Amount: $5.00 each U-Fill (Bag, Tote, Can)
Standard Amount: $17.50/yard U-Fill (Pickup, Trailer)
U-Fill available all day Saturdays and weekdays when mill is not running. Call for availability.
Larger quantities (6 yard minimum) loaded with wheel loader by appointment only.
Call the office for questions or inquiries ~ 250-338-5757
A family sawmill since 1968. Come see what we saw!